How to Use your Blackberry Internet plan with your Andriod phone.
NOTE: This method below has seized working. The only option now is to get an Airtel Sim, register for BBC or any other Blackberry internet plan using a Blackberry phone, remove the sim and insert in yourAndroid phone and ZAP!!! you are connected. No rooting! No Special Configs!! Browse away.
The post below is outdated. use an Airtel sim as stated above.
This post is for our audience from Nigeria..it may work with other network if appropriate configuration parameters like the APN, proxy, port, Username and password is known
1. A rooted android phone.
2. An MTN BIS plan
3. Dolphin mini browser
4. Orbot app
make sure you install the browser and the Orbot
apps before you start and you have MTN APN
settings already set up in the phone. finally, make
sure your phone is rooted.
1. create a new APN with these settings
APN = blackberry.net
proxy = blank
port = blank or 8580
Username = web
Password = web
2. save it and make it your default settings.
3. install Orbot and dolphin browser mini.
4. in Orbit settings, tick Tor everything,
transparent proxy, Tor tethering
5. activate your internet access, then start Orbot.
wait until the ON button turns green. then click the
test button,select dolphin browser and wait for the
check tor webpage to show up.
Congratulations,your BIS browsing is now active.
1. For some strange reason, the test webpage
doesn’t show on Opera mini but you can still
browse with it if you ticked “tor everything”
2. this works even when you have zero
naira.however, if you send 2 to 131,it would say
you have no credit.
3. i have tired this on only two android phones and
it works. you may or may not have issues.
- Cell phone privacy guide (Android) (encrypteverything.ca)
- Google Play And Dolphin Browser Receives Update (goandroid.co.in)
- Dolphin Jetpack Supercharges Dolphin Browser, Makes Mobile Surfing Stupid Fast (lifehacker.com)
- Dolphin Jetpack Supercharges Dolphin Browser (lifehacker.com.au)